Today (October 16) would have been the 161st birthday of famed Irish writer and poet Oscar Wilde.
To mark the occasion, here are 10 of his quotes on love and romance.
1. “Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
2. “Women are meant to be loved, not understood.”
3. “I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything.”
4. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”
5. “Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.”
6. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.”
7. “The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.”
8. “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
9. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
10. “The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death.”
Can you identify with any of these quotes? Which is your favourite? Or are there you don’t agree with? Tell us your thoughts.
If you’re looking for love, join www.dates4us.com today.